Hello! My name is Marquis. I am a 7 year old neutered male Miniature Pinscher and I currently weigh 19 pounds. I was originally surrendered to the shelter with my brother Antonio because our could no longer provide us with proper care. Antonio and I were both adopted out into wonderful homes but sadly I have shown increased aggression toward the other dog living in the home with me. With that being said, my owner had to make the heartbreaking decision to return me to shelter so that I can find a more suitable home where I can be the only dog in the home. I am very sweet but a bit timid once first introduced to new people. I do warm up quickly and boy do I LOVE to snuggle!! I seem to get along okay with older children (10 and up please) and kitties too (I will chase them but don't seem to want to hurt them). Although I am now considered a senior companion, I am still full spunk and have a lot of love left to give! If you do not have experience owning/caring for my breed, please be sure to do your research before considering adopting to ensure that you can provide me with the best home/care possible! If you think I could be the perfect companion for you, please be sure to stop on down and spend some time with me.
Adoption Fee $150.00
Hi There! My name is Chad. I am a 3 year old neutered male Australian Cattle Dog mix and I currently weigh 18 pounds. I was found wandering loose as a stray and sadly I went unclaimed. I am a sweet little guy who gets along great with most other dogs and older children too, but I will need a forever home without cats! I LOVE to go for long walks where I get to explore new places and things. I am searching for an active yet loving forever family that has lots of breed knowledge! If you think I could be the perfect addition to your family, please stop on down and spend some time with me.
Adoption Fee $150.00
Hello! My name is Dana. I am a 6 year old spayed female Pug/Chihuahua mix and I currently weigh 11 pounds. I was found wandering loose as a stray and sadly have gone unclaimed. I am a lovable little lady who can be timid around new people so I am searching for a loving, patient new forever family to love. I get along well with cats but I will need a forever home WITHOUT dogs and/or children as I am very dominant and territorial of my "things" and people! Once comfortable I am just as sweet as can be and boy do I love to snuggle and give kisses. I am very much a diva who wants to be the center of attention at all times. If you think I could be the perfect addition to your family please stop in and spend some time with me.
Adoption Fee $150.00
Hi There! My name is Maggie. I am a 12 and a half year old spayed female Pomeranian. I was recently surrendered to the shelter because my owner has become homeless and can unfortunately no longer provide me with the care that I deserve. I am now searching for a loving, patient family to love me unconditionally for the rest of my golden years. I am a sweet yet feisty senior companion who always demands to be the center of attention! I get along okay with most submissive smaller breed dogs, but I will need a forever home without cats and/or children! If you think I could be the perfect addition to your family, please stop on down and ask to spend some time with me. When you do come in to see me please be patient and go slow with me as I am very timid of new people and may try to nip because I am nervous! I assure you I am just a sweet, sassy ol’ lady who loves to snuggle and go for walks, it just takes me some time to warm up.
Adoption Fee $ Donation Only
Lucy is one of the 51 dogs from the Utica rescue. Due to her deplorable first years of life, it is hard to tell for sure but her rescuers believe she is a dachshund/terrier mix around 3 to 5 years old. She has very distinctive look that includes a large under bite and two different colored eyes, one blue and one brown. She is so sweet however, that she easily gains the love of the people around her despite her unique features.
She has been with her foster family for over two months and has been able to make great strides in starting learning how to be a dog. She spent her first couple weeks hiding under couches. Although she is still very quiet, timid and on edge at times, she has easily bonded with her foster family and now will cuddle up next to them on the couch and loves to spend her day in her dog bed under the desk while her foster mom works.
She has had a very rough beginning and because of that her foster family has some suggestions that would be best for her to continue to progressing into a great family member.
- She will easily strive in a home with no other full time dogs. Lucy’s foster home does not have any other dogs, but she has been frequently exposed to them and is doing much better at “playing nice”. She is not aggressive and does fine in general open areas, but is territorial and will snap and fend off an area that she feels is her space. She seems to be fine with cats.
- She not food aggressive at all and seems to be very drawn to people food overall. Her foster family uses pieces of ham etc. for training rewards and she has responded very quickly to the lessons that include them.
- A home with no full time small children. Her foster family includes a 7 year old energetic girl that often tries to play tag with Lucy. She tolerates it ok, but it does put her on edge and frequently bolts to the closest safe space. She would love to be the focus of someone’s individual attention. She loves to be brushed and prances around in her winter coat and walking harness. She still has not been able to catch onto the concept of a dog toy but loves her Kong filled with peanut butter.
- She is fully crated trained and with consistent outings, she is housebroke. When roaming freely around the house, she does best going outside every 4 hours.
- She deserves room to run. Lucy currently lives in the woods and loves it. She jumps, races, and smells her way through every place she can. Her forever home will need to have a fenced area or at least consistent access to an area she can run off her pent-up energy. She is not a “runner” that will bolt off in the closest direction, but will need lots of training to “come” on command. She has been working on this and doing much better so her foster family believes with more training that she can learn it.
If you think Lucy could be the perfect companion for you, please submit an adoption application to get pre-approved to meet with her! Lucy will remain in her foster home until she finds her forever family.
Adoption Fee $200.00
Hello! My name is Dillon. I am approximately a 6 year old neutered male Miniature Pinscher mix. I was brought into the shelter as a stray and sadly I have gone unclaimed. I am super sweet and pride myself on being an excellent snuggler. I seem to get along well with most other dogs, but I have not yet been tested around cats and/or children. I have an awesome personality and am longing for a forever family to call my own. If you think I could be a great fit for your family, please stop in and spend some time with me.
Adoption Fee $150.00